1st August 2015 (7 years ago)
I decided to give a tired looking Ikea Lack coffee table a new lease of life. The make it a focal point I covered it with nature/landscape photos from magazines. This was the process.
- Sand back the smooth finish so there is something to adhere to.
- Draw a grid over the top and around the legs - this was only really necessary because I wanted an unusual angle.
- Cut out photos and arrange them until you have your layout.
- Carefully coat the magazine images in a mix on PVA and water and position them, squeezing bubbles out to the edges.
- Once dry, apply layers of varnish, sanding back each time to create a smooth finish.